We wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and would like to express our gratitude for your choosing to make your home with us and KBC. With Winter Holidays and colder weather just around the corner we’d like to provide you with important recommendations and reminders relating to your KBC apartment. Best wishes for a safe and delicious holiday season.
HOLIDAY TREE & DECORATION SAFETY
- Please wrap a sheet or tarp around your tree as you bring it through buildings with common hallways. Be courteous to your Manager and vacuum up any debris that comes with the tree.
- Water live trees daily and keep at least six (6) ft. from heat or fire sources
- Check holiday lights (new or old) for broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections. Discard damaged sets or repair them before using.
- Turn oﬀ all lights on trees and other decorations when you go to bed or leave the house.
PACKAGE DELIVERIES & BUILDING SECURITY
Theft is more prevalent around the holidays. If you are expecting packages and are not home to receive personally, we suggest you consider requiring a signature for delivery or arranging to pick up your package at transit stations. Delivery companies will leave packages at exterior building entries or in lobbies and we have no control over this practice. Please do not let strangers into locked entries or buzz someone in claiming to be a delivery person unless you are on site to meet them.
COLD WEATHER & FROZEN PIPE POTENTIAL
Although the weather has been mild, a cold snap can suddenly occur. In order to help prevent the inconvenience of frozen pipes in your apartment, please follow these instructions:
- Notify your Manager if you plan to be away from your apartment for several days or more, especially if there is severe cold weather forecast.
- Please leave cabinet doors under sinks open during prolonged cold periods so that warm air can reach plumbing pipes and drains.
- If your apartment has plumbing that adjoins an outside wall, you may need to allow a slow drip of water to occur from your faucet during any severe cold period. Check with your Manager if you are unsure.
- Please keep personal items a minimum of three (3) feet away from your apartment heaters.